Friday, August 17, 2007

Whew! Are you serious?

Ever since I started school on Monday, everyone keeps asking me, "So, what do you think? Can you handle it?" The reason they ask is because the course load is very difficult and my fellow students are wondering how I will react. Many of them have told me their horror stories about being in complete shock when they first began classes. I guess they can sense the "deer in the headlight" look that all of us 1st year students must be exuding. Well, I must say after my first week, it is definitely going to be a lot of hard work, but I think I can handle it just fine.
Here is an example of what I have to complete by Tuesday: 8 Bible memory verses, 8 Bible chapter outlines from Genesis, Exodus, Matthew, and Mark, read several chapters in Hermeneutics, complete marking four or five Bible land maps, memorize the Old Testament books in order, and prepare sermon outlines. Somewhere in there I have to fit in preaching this weekend and, oh yes, get some sleep. Whew! Are you serious?

No comments: