Friday, August 31, 2007

A Day in the Life of.........

Hi friends! I have had several people asking me what it is like at school so I thought I would describe a day in the life of a 1st year student at SWSBS:
We start the day by setting up our desks with our laptops, printers, and subject notebooks. On MWF, our first class is Hermeneutics, and then we have Matthew. These classes are followed by a chapel service where the students lead singing, pray, and give a devotional for the rest of the students. Sometimes a faculty member will give the devotional. Afterwards, we return to class for Personal Skills Development, then we break for lunch. After lunch are Exodus, Mark, and Christian Doctrine. Tuesdays and Thursdays we take Genesis, Intro to the Old and New Testaments, and Bible Geography. Each of our Bible book classes start with a memory verse that we have to recite for roll call; that’s 11 memory verses per week! Right after school we usually work on our notebooks or class assignments before going home. Once home, I usually grab a quick snack and then retreat to my office where I study, write, or read my homework and class assignments until bedtime.

All of the classes include LOTS of note taking. Depending on the class, I will take notes by hand or on my laptop. Many times, I’m also taking notes in my Bible. In addition, we are required to complete “Quarterly Work” which is work assigned to us that has to be completed by the end of the quarter. We can work on it when we like, but there is so much of it that it demands we work on it almost everyday. These are things like outlining the entire Bible book(s) that we are studying that quarter, marking up geography maps, reading several books, writing sermon outlines, completing class notebooks containing everything for that class, and a research paper.

With all that said, let me add this: I love this school! Being in God’s Word everyday, all day is amazing, rewarding, fulfilling, and encouraging! Thank you to everyone who is supporting me and helping me to be here! God bless you!

No comments: