Thursday, August 9, 2007

One Step Forward and Three Steps Back

Since we don't actually have a physical address in Texas yet, Andrea and I needed a place where we could receive our mail. We decided to go and get a post office box a couple of days ago. However, thanks to Osama bin Laden and/or Global Warming, one can no longer get a post office box without a large amount of unstructured rigamarole. The man behind the counter said, "I'm sorry, but your Florida driver's license with a PO Box address on it will not do. You have to have a Texas driver's license." The man behind the driver's license counter said, "I'm sorry, but you will need to register your vehicles in Texas first." The lady behind the Tax counter said, "I'm sorry, but you have to have your vehicle inspected first." Then, the man at the garage said, "You got insurance?" I said, "Yup." He said, "Texas insurance?" I said, "Nope." So, I called Geico, and the little gecko on the other end of the line said, "So, you got an address in Texas?" I quietly said, "That's what I have actually been trying to do......."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This can be a patience test. Which person did you want to stangle first? If you answered "Postal worker" then you need to seriously reconsider your proffession. If you answered "DL Man" I would consider blood pressure medication beore driving. If you answered "Tax Lady" you have reached the average patience level of the North Amreican adult male. If you answered "the lizard" you recieve high marks for above average patience. If however you answered "none of the above" congratulations you will be receiving the Job award (camels and oxen not included.)