Saturday, August 15, 2009

Grateful to Be Starting Our Work

Andrea and I have been working toward a single goal for several years now - to be full time servants in the Lord's kingdom. We are so thankful that the day has finally arrived!

We arrived safely in Milton, FL on August 8th. We have since been settling into our new "temporary quarters" (until we leave for Paraguay) and also finalizing the last few details regarding the shipment of our belongings to South America. This involved driving to Nashville, TN to offload everything with Healing Hand International who will be handling the shipping container and customs documents for both the Blackmers and our household items. This past week, I spent a day planning out mission strategy and budgeting with Ed Temple, missions deacon, and also updating various documents. While here I will be teaching an evangelism/missions class on Wednesday evenings and also working alongside the ministers of Margaret Street church of Christ. I must say, it really feels exciting and good to be starting, on what I pray will be a very long career, of serving our Lord. I feel like Isaiah when he said, "Here am I, Lord. Send me!" - Isaiah 6:8

This picture is from when Andrea and I had dinner with our good friends and fellow servants, Al and Rhonda Washington, before we departed from SWSBS. Al preaches for the University Hills church of Christ in Austin, TX and we have known them for many years. They were members at Palm Beach Lakes where Andrea and I were also members for a long time.

No comments: