Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Spring is Springing

Now here is something I have not experienced in almost 14 years - Spring! As I was driving home today from school, I started noticing that there were patches of green in places where I haven't seen any in several months. When I got to the house, I noticed our tree in the back yard has sprouted little leaves and flowers.
That's when it dawned on me, I haven't seen this happen since I moved to Florida! As all my friends and family in Florida can tell you, there are only two seasons there: summer, and not summer. You just don't see entire neighborhoods popping out little buds like this.
Speaking of new beginnings, Andrea and I have accepted a "position" as youth workers for the Dripping Springs church of Christ. We are really excited about the opportunity to get to work with the youth there! They have a great bunch of kids and we're hoping to implement a strong activities program for them to be able to grow in. Please pray that this effort will be successful and that God will be glorified in it! - TS

No comments: